Job Title: Assistant Director of Housing
Location: Coppin State University
Reports to: Director of Housing
Salary: $50,000.00 – $55,000.00 and a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Assistant Director of Housing will coordinate with university staff to manage the two residence halls. The facilities are suite-style, housing six to eight residents in each suite. The communities also have ample office, lounge, and common area space. The Assistant Director is primarily responsible for the marketing and advertising of housing to new students and management of service desk operations for each building. The Assistant Director serves in the on-call duty response for building maintenance emergencies after hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for marketing and advertising for both residence halls using various recruitment publications.
- Maintains social media presence for the Office of Housing
- Answering questions pertaining to the Housing Contract & housing community.
- Oversee operations of service desks.
- Recruit, train and supervise service desk staff.
- Manage access control system for both residence halls.
- Maintain and use office equipment and supplies.
- Receive and process invoices.
- Maintain/update office documents such as resident floor chart roster, publication forms, key log, equipment log, etc.
- Be a customer service representative of the community.
- Assist in coordinating projects (such as turn and vendor management).
- Assist in maintaining policy and procedure manuals and maintaining key logs and protocol.
- Accept, process, and file applications as necessary.
- Process room and meal plan assignments.
- Maintain rosters and resident data.
- Assist with application and contract audits as necessary.
- Serve on an on-call duty rotation with 30-minute response time to campus / site.
- Assume leadership role in absence of Director of Housing when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Monday-Friday 9:00 am-5:00 pm and serving on an on-call rotation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social science, business, or related fields.
- Must have comfort and confidence in managing confidential crisis issues.
- Must possess effective skills in customer service, group facilitation, leadership, and organization
- Must possess strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written) skills, computer competency (Word, Excel, content management systems, etc.), and the ability to work with a diverse population.
- Master’s Degree in Student Affairs, Higher Education Administration, or related fields.
- Experience in student affairs, higher education administration and/or property managements.
- A comprehensive understanding of student development, student personnel, and adjudication.
- Experience working with a diverse group of students.
This position is live-off and requires some on-call responsibilities for emergencies, and as such the successful candidate will be required to live within a thirty-minute radius of the campus.
Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.