College Park, MD
Job Title: Assistant Director of Housing Services
Location: South Campus Commons at University of Maryland
Reports to: Senior Associate of Director Housing Operations
Salary: $58,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year, staff apartment and comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Assistant Director – Housing Services is a full-time, live-on position, responsible for overseeing the operations of leasing/housing occupancy in an undergraduate student housing community of 2,195 students. The position will directly supervise two full-time professional staff (Leasing Coordinators).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the Professional Staff On-Duty rotation.
- Directly oversees the leasing process including renewals, and lease transfers.
- Provides yearly updates of the lease/contract, addendums, guarantors, and works collaboratively with UMD Resident Life staff in developing language in Star Rez for the Apartment Selection process.
- Utilizes Star Rez, Property Boss, DocuSign, MyDRL, Lenel, and other database systems to ensure accurate record keeping of student information.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of a leasing calendar in coordination with other staff and UMD Resident Life staff.
- Oversees staff response to resident inquiries regarding leasing, occupancy, eligibility, and lease transfers.
- Conducts monthly file audits, and during peak seasons daily/weekly file audits to ensure file accuracy.
- Provides a detailed weekly report, and Leasing Status Report.
- In coordination with Leasing Coordinator, completes post check-out inspections.
- Contributes content to the South Campus Commons weekly email update.
- Works on updating and preparing documents/brochures/forms/website/marketing plan during the Fall semester for the upcoming Spring leasing season.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of market conditions and competitors.
- Work collaboratively and maintains a positive/helpful relationship with students, parents, university partners, South Campus Commons leasing staff, and COCM corporate staff.
- Updates lease transfer Google Drive to ensure team members are aware of occupancy changes and communicate via email and in-person as needed with occupancy changes.
- Reviews installment charges at the end of each month to ensure accuracy of resident accounts.
- Servers as the liaison for the Census Bureau’s monthly/yearly evaluations.
- Support, and work collaboratively with other team members in the implementation of move-out, turn, and move-in.
- Support the mission and efforts connected to UMD Student Affairs and Resident Life goals/objectives.
- Assist with social media, website, and publication content creation.
- Assist the Senior Associate Director-Housing Operations with other duties/projects as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is usually performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. The work environment is mid to high paced. The ability to work more than 40 hours a week while learning the operation and during key times of operational demand is necessary. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to communicate orally. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to climb, stoop, kneel, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s Degree in Higher Education/Student Affairs/Counseling or related field
- 2-3 years of full-time residence life experience
- Experience working with undergraduate student populations.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written) skills, and computer competency.
- Experience with student housing management database systems.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos and write simple correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Compensation includes salary of $58,000 – $60,000 per year, furnished two bedroom-two bathroom on-campus apartment and benefits package including medical, dental, 401K and professional development funding.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact COCM Recruitment from our website. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.