Job Title: Apartment Maintenance Technician
Location: Towson Place Apartments
Reports to: Assistant Director
Salary: $19.50-$23.00 per hour and a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Towson Place Apartments, located near the Towson University located in Towson, MD is managed by Capstone On Campus Management (COCM). COCM is responsible for all aspects of operational management for Towson Place Apartments. Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director of Operations and Facilities, the Apartment Maintenance Technician is responsible for all aspects of facility maintenance, renovation and repair. The Apartment Maintenance Technicians are on-call for maintenance emergencies on a rotating schedule for 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform regular inspections and maintenance of HVAC, Fire Safety, and other equipment as required by system manufacturers and local, state and federal laws.
- Maintain, clean, and organize storage and Maintenance Shop daily.
- Maintain, repair, and replace public area, office, and residential furniture as needed. Assemble and move furniture as needed.
- Maintenance, repair, and replacement of entry door, lock, and key systems.
- Perform electrical repairs including but not limited to bulb and ballast replacement, fixtures, sockets, outlets, and GFCIs.
- Complete exterior maintenance repairs and projects as set forth by supervisor(s). This includes some landscaping.
- Perform general plumbing repairs including leaks, drains, toilets, sinks, showers, and gaskets.
- Unload and stock equipment and supplies, storage, and Maintenance shop throughout buildings.
- Assist Maintenance Technician with work order completion when necessary.
- Complete special projects such as painting, plumbing, and other system repairs.
- Assist with restoring the rooms and communal areas to their original condition upon resident or guest move-out through cleaning and repairs.
- Participates in a 24-hour emergency maintenance on-call schedule on a rotating basis. Must be available to respond on-site within 30 minutes for emergency calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 1-3 years’ experience – preferred in the areas of residential, student, or apartment communities.
- Must be proficient with the use of hand and power tools.
- Must have troubleshooting, diagnostic skills and critical thinking skills.
- Must be a team player, we all must work together as we strive to provide the best service possible for our customers.
- Must have personal initiative, when seeing a needed repair fixes, it to improve the community.
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates who have Plumbing, Electrical and or HVAC experience.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact COCM Recruitment from our website. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.