Job Title: Apartment Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Cornish College of the Arts – Cornish Commons
Reports to: Director of Housing and Residence Life
Salary: $32.00-$34.00 per hour and competitive benefits package
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Apartment Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and supervising the work of maintenance employees and contractors in the general maintenance and upkeep of buildings, grounds, and equipment for a student apartment community. Duties include but are not limited to general maintenance, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, landscaping, pool maintenance, advanced supervision of all major trades, on-call, budget and resident satisfaction. The Apartment Maintenance Supervisor will project a professional image through interactions with all internal and external customers is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises Maintenance Porter and one Custodial contract. This includes, hiring, training and evaluating staff.
- Oversees communication efforts to residents regarding maintenance and facility issues and other community topics as needed.
- Develops and implements interior and exterior maintenance programs to ensure quality repairs.
- Manages site wide pest control efforts. Oversees the prevention, inspection process and eradication of bedbugs.
- Responds to all maintenance requests within 24 hours.
- Oversees all work performed by various contractors for renovations/repairs and inspects upon completion to ensure quality workmanship.
- Oversees quarterly inspections of the HVAC units and filter change as required by manufacturer of the system.
- Assists in the creation of the on-call duty schedule and participates in rotation.
- Maintains work order system.
- Assists with budget preparation.
- Assists in bid review and creation.
- Performs general furniture repair, painting during non-turn periods, general plumbing, some appliance repair and minor electrical repairs.
- Monitors garage gates, fire alarm, access doors, breezeway accountability and camera systems.
- Coordinates scheduling of contractors and staff during the turn process.
- Oversees damage inspections when units are vacated throughout the year.
- Monitors site staff and contractors for quality workmanship.
- Maintains inventory of tools and equipment. Organizes and secures all maintenance storage units, shop and maintenance office.
- Orders parts, appliances and furniture to ensure appropriate par levels are maintained.
- Conducts daily general site inspections and specific monthly inspections of the entire property.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Supervision experience.
- 3-4 years of general maintenance experience (plumbing, HVAC, electrical) working in student housing, mulit-family or facilities management
- HVAC certification EPA
- Ability to move and lift to 50lbs and navigate up and down stairs.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and E-mail).
- Must be a team player with effective time management, attention to detail and capacity to managing competing priorities.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact COCM Recruitment. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.