Job Title: Accounts Payable Coordinator
Location: COCM Home Office
Reports to: Accounts Payable Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Capstone on Campus Management is a company of student housing professionals that provides exceptional campus housing management and consulting services for on-campus housing communities. COCM is currently seeking a full-time Accounts Payable Specialist to join our student housing team. As an Accounts Payable Specialist, you will be responsible for processing invoice payments in a timely and efficient manner for a high-volume accounts payable department. We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented team player who can also work independently to meet departmental goals. The Accounts Payable Specialist position requires reliability and a good understanding of accounts payable principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzing, processing, and posting vendor payments in a timely manner
- Processing resident refunds
- Creating payee id numbers for resident refunds
- Reviewing and verifying invoices for payment processing
- Researching and resolving invoice discrepancies and issues
- Handling vendor and resident inquiries
- Voiding and re-issuing checks
- Handling special requests for vendor payments and resident refunds
- Processing large volume utility invoices for 4 entities monthly
- Providing positive pay files to the bank
- Creating and maintaining excel spreadsheets
- Performing invoice data entry
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors
- Ensuring that bills are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental procedures
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Minimum of three years accounts payable experience
- Experience using financial/accounting systems (i.e. Yardi, Entrata, QuickBooks)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel experience required)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent data entry skills
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong Work Ethic
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to meet daily deadlines
Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.