Boston, MA, US
Job Title: Accounts Coordinator
Location: University of Massachusetts Boston
Reports to: Director of Housing Operations
Salary: $37,000.00 – $40,000.00 annually
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Accounts Coordinator is responsible for all activities as it relates to the processing of accounts payable and student collections. Duties include but are not limited to receiving, processing, entering, and paying invoices, researching accounts and payments, account reconciliation, and project-based work. Collaboration with multiple areas of responsibility is critical. Projecting a customer-focused and professional image through in-person and telephone interaction with all internal and external customers is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and processing all invoices for administrative, facilities, and operational expenses.
- Administers all scanning, uploading, tracking, and filing of invoices.
- Maintains regular communication with site staff facilities and operational staff to ensure timely coding and processing of invoices.
- Process invoice payments through established protocols and processes.
- Contacts current and past residents and Guarantors to collect payments.
- Maintains all vendor files including insurance documentation.
- Manage resident deferments and payment plans.
- Serves as the main contact for all account payable research and questions.
- Oversees the purchasing card program at the site level.
- Reconciles all invoices to the general ledger.
- Assist with budget preparation.
- Assists managers with site spending in relation to the budget breakdown.
- Verifies purchases have been received prior to payment of invoices.
- Reviews all utility and office equipment contracts for the Operations office
- Ensures adequate inventory of office supplies is available.
- Other duties as assigned.
None as assigned.
Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate orally. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two to three years’ clerical experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. All must be accomplished in English.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to operate basic office equipment including photocopier, fax, and telephone. Typing and filing skills.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.